In a globalized world thanks to technological evolution, today the possibility of making exchanges online is on an unimaginable scale, the market is not only your immediate environment, it is the whole world, as well as you can buy what you want in other countries , your product or service, can be offered in the same way, accessing new markets, cultures and having a greater reach, hence the importance of social networks.
This total connectivity has not only changed the way of buying, but much more importantly, the way of relating. Social networks today are networks of people connected 7 x 24, searching, obtaining information in a collaborative way and seeking to generate communities of mutual support. The importance of social networks goes beyond what we can visualize.
What are social networks?
Social Networks are structures formed on the Internet by people or organizations that connect based on common interests or values. Through them, relationships between individuals or companies are created quickly, without hierarchy or physical limits.
Social networks, in the virtual world, are sites and applications that operate at various levels, but always allowing the exchange of information between people and/or companies.
When we talk about social networks, what comes to mind in the first place are sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn or applications like Snapchat and Instagram, typical of today, however there are a large number of social networks. You may think that social networks are all the same, but they are not. In fact, they are usually divided into different types, according to the purpose of the users when creating a profile.
The use of social networks has been absorbed by people around the world and today it is already part of the routine. This made these spaces a place where brands and companies also wanted to be to interact with their prospects and customers, bringing very positive possibilities, such as:
- Social networks are a kind of showcase for your company; in them you can show the vision of the business.
- It is possible to have a much more personalized and direct relationship with each client or potential client, since you can get in touch with each one, either to solve problems or to discover new needs.
- When publishing on social networks, it is possible to segment your posts according to the characteristics of the audience, directing your efforts towards those ranges of the public that have more affinity with your solution.
- Being able to know more about each of your clients: people share their tastes, desires and other information that can be valuable for companies when it comes to getting closer to their target audience. Keep an eye on what’s relevant to your audience to better connect with them.
- Possibility of selling through these channels: in the same way that it is possible to interact with the public through social networks, it is also possible to use them to sell your products or services, mainly if you approach that audience that already has a relationship with you.
If you are not on social networks, your business does not exist
- Possibility of diffusion for companies with a low budget: unlike traditional media, advertising on social networks has a lower cost, in addition to the advantage that it is much easier to measure the results;
- Information in real time: social networks allow the communication of urgent messages from the brand in an official channel. This is very important in the case of managing a crisis, for example, in which it is necessary for the brand to position itself quickly, thus preventing it from taking on larger proportions.