The importance of customer experience
The world is changing at a speed never seen before. Access to information is unlimited and therefore consumers are more informed and share this information with each other.
A dissatisfied customer is a chain of lost potential customers. Customer experience is becoming increasingly relevant.
What is customer experience?
It is the generation of emotional bonds with the customers of your product or service, which will result in a differentiating element and economic benefit for your business. For this to happen, there must be a value chain that allows this link to be maintained over time.
Customer experience is not only an element of differentiation; it can also have a major impact on the bottom line.
What is the relevance of the customer experience?
– Today it plays a critical role in companies’ ability to differentiate themselves.
– Customer expectations are changing and therefore our businesses must adjust to this new reality.
– Customers do not expect excellence only from large companies; they expect it from any company, it is not a matter of size, but of developing the qualities and capabilities required according to current demands.
Companies have different points of contact with our clients, through which it is possible to obtain relevant information to improve their business. Nowadays it is possible to obtain feedback through surveys (phone calls, emails, etc.) and on the other hand feedback from customers who proactively share their experience.
The challenge lies in what do we do with all this information? How do we structure this valuable feedback?
The objective is to unify the information and then align the entire organization with the customer experience. All this with the final objective of achieving a homogeneous vision and image of the company on the part of the clients.
What does a company that manages customer experience look like?
A company that manages the customer experience has skills distributed throughout the organization, metrics are customer-centric and have been communicated in detail to stakeholders.
– The established tasks are carried out according to plan.
– Roles and responsibilities are clearly established
– Managers monitor the customer experience in a global and continuous way, based on cross-channel KPIs.
Three steps to achieve a great customer experience
Perform an analysis of the current situation and from there review in detail the customer’s journey, understanding this journey from the moment he/she decides to “search” for what we offer.
Analyze the root cause of problems throughout the customer journey, at different touch points.
To know the expectations that customers have by segment.
2. The what
Define customer experience design principles:
– Commitments at the different points of contact,
– Roadmap linked to the business model,
– Business plan and the impact of the customer experience on the business plan.
The issue is not to have information but how we use this information to improve the experience with your business, to turn this information into a practical input to solve problems, to improve processes.
3. The how
An appropriate governance model must be developed, as well as KPIs that reflect the commitments to the customer and all the internal steps necessary to be able to fulfill the commitments and make everything that has been stated a regular practice.
Generate incentive plans, based on the outcome of the customer experience.